William Hill Free Bets & Betting Review
William Hill is among the best and most popular betting companies in the world. The famed navy blue logo with a golden flourish to ‘William’ and its bold white statement, HILL, has been unmistakable for generations of punters.
The company offers a huge range of betting markets from sport worldwide and offers an excellent in-play betting service, backed up by a range of different broadcast outputs to suit all bettors tastes. All of that adds up to a superb betting experience for the punter.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the customer experience with William Hill, considering the depth of markets and on-site features for sports betting, customer offers and loyalty bonuses alongside their superb mobile app.
Why choose William Hill?
Racing Post Review
You can bet with William Hill on the Racing Post app!
Stay ahead of the field with the Racing Post app
The world's #1 racing app just got better. Get all the latest horseracing cards, results and experts’ tips. Then use the new game-changing odds comparison to place bets without leaving the app
William Hill Factfile
William Hill Bonus Code: New Customer Offer
As a new customer with William Hill, you can get £30 in free bets from a minimum £10 bet. Simply click this link or head to the William Hill sports betting website and click ‘Join Now’ and register your William Hill account using the promo code ‘R30’.
You’ll then simply need to place a minimum stake of £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on any sportsbook market (excluding virtual markets) using either. Then, after the qualifying bet is settled, you’ll receive a £30 in free bets available on any available sportsbook market (excluding virtuals).
Key Terms and Conditions
- New customers only
- 18+ Play safe
- Min £10 stake on fractional odds of 1/2 (decimal 1.5) or greater on sports book (excluding virtual markets)
- 3x £10 free bets
- Free bets valid for 30 days
- Full T&Cs here
How to claim your William Hill bonus code
To enable you to claim the William Hill welcome offer, you will need to be a new customer signing up for the first time.
In the process of signing up for the offer you will need to input the bonus code ‘R300’. This makes you eligible for the offer of £30 from a minimum £10 bet.
- Open a new account here
- Complete your details when prompted
- Promo code R30 should automatically be added
- Deposit money into your account
- Place a bet of £10+ at odds of 1/2 or greater (1.5 decimal odds)
- When that bet settles receive 3 x £10 free bets
William Hill existing customer offers
William Hill have a superb choice of betting offers, both for new and existing customers. If you’re an existing customer, you are very well catered for, so check out the following offers to give you the best chance to maximise your winnings.
- #YourOdds A great idea to help you get the odds you want on specified sports events across a range of sports. So, if you’ve woken up dreaming of a quirky bet, Tweet that bet with the hastag #YourOdds alongside and William Hill will try to give you a price on it happening. You might, for example, want four horses to win whose numbers are the same as your family birthdays, or the bottom three teams in a football competition all to win away from home. Whatever your chosen betting scenario, Tweet William Hill and they’ll try to accommodate you with a price on it happening.
- Best Odds Guaranteed As a punter it’s always great to have an offer like this on your side. There’s nothing more frustrating than backing a horse to win, seeing it drift and then cursing when it wins and you could have had a greater return. With William Hill’s Best Odds Guaranteed promotion, you can now secure the best odds on your bet on all UK horse racing. All you need to do is to take the price on offer about your selection(s) and if the SP return is greater, you’ll get paid out at the bigger odds. This great offer can be applied to all ‘win’ bets on UK horse racing markets. As an example, if you take an early price of 2/1 about your selection but it wins at an SP of 3/1, you’ll gaid paid out at 3/1. If it wins at 6/4, you’ll still get paid out at the early price of 2/1 that you had taken, as it is the bigger of the two.
- Pick Your Places A great existing customer offer if you prefer to give yourself some added security and bet each way. Not only does this offer apply to bets on UK horse racing but also on Irish racing too, so you can use this offer on every race every day, in those nations. From 10am every day you can choose any single market on UK and Irish horse racing and choose to have extra places over and above what the standard race market suggests. So, for example, in a 16-runner handicap you would normally be able to bet each-way and have up to four places and receive a return of 1/4 the odds for a place if your selection finishes second, third or fourth. With Pick Your Places, you might want the extra security of a payout for up to five or even six places. Returns for those extra places will be adjusted accordingly to reflect your greater chance of a return.
Note that Rule 4s will apply to all Pick Your Places markets in the event of non runners. Also, if the number of runners in a race becomes equal or more than the number of places available on a Pick Your Places market, this Pick Your Place market will become void.
- Lengthen Your Odds Get bigger odds on every UK race. A great offer, available on UK horse racing markets from 10am on the day of the race. These are singles markets only. If there are particular horses you fancy on the day and you’d like to boost your potential winnings, then you can bet on that horse to win by more than a specified distance. You are limited to being able to bet from one account and up to a maximum stake on such bets but this is a great way to make some extra profit on a horse that you were going to bet on anyway.
Note that Rule 4s will apply to all Pick Your Places markets in the event of non runners. Your bet is deemed to be a winner if it wins by more than the distance stated.
- Customer loyalty offers These offers can vary but you simply need to click the link and every day, William Hill will have some loyalty offers under the heading ‘Your Rewards’. These could be offers such as ‘Acca Freedom’, where you can boost your odds on accas of three selections or more, or insure your acca, when you have five selections or more. You can also use ‘Bet Boost’. To do so, simply click on ‘Bet Boost’, which will take you through to the horse racing markets. From there, simply click on the race you are thinking of betting on and there will be a special bet on offer from within that race. This is another way of receiving the potential of a greater return.
How to use your William Hill free bets
- To use your William Hill free bets, go to the William Hill website and on the homepage, click ‘Promotions’.
- Once on the promotions page, you will find all the free bets and bet boosts on top of the page under the title ‘Your Exclusive Rewards’.
- From here, click on ‘select bet’ to apply your free bet based on the terms and conditions of your winning offer.
- You can use your free bet on any sport or on a specific market, such as a horse race. (Note, you can only use your free bet as stated in the winning offer).
- If using your free bet on a horse race, go on to the market for that race, click on your selections, then on your betting slip click ‘Free bets, boosts and more’. You will then see that you ‘free bet was applied’. Simply click ‘Place Bet’ to confirm your bet.
How to sign up with William Hill
To sign up with William Hill, follow these simple steps:
- Sign up for a William Hill account and claim your welcome offer using this link
- Enter your name, address details and set up your username, password and security questions
- Add your promo code ‘R30’
- Deposit funds into your account, and set your deposit limits
You’re now ready to place your bets with William Hill.
How to place a bet with William Hill
Once you have registered your account with William Hill and made a deposit to your account, you will want to know how to place a bet. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- From the left hand menu bar, choose which sport you want to bet on
- This will bring up all the markets on the sport you wish to bet on
- We’ll use horse racing as our example, so click on horse racing and you’ll be taken to a screen with all the horse racing markets on
- Click the odds of the horse you would like to bet on. This will open a ‘Betslip’
- Enter the stake you want to bet on the horse
- Click ‘place bet’
- You will see confirmation on screen that your bet has been placed and your account balance will reduce by the amount you have staked on that bet
Placing a bet is as simple as this for whichever is the sport that you have chosen to bet on.
The William Hill Mobile App
The William Hill app is one of the very best available for any online sports betting company. The design is smart and the interface is very intuitive, so you shouldn’t have any problems navigating to where you want to go. You’ll find a number of small headers, such as In-Play, Racing and Football, so you can simply click any of these to take a faster route to some parts of the app. There is also a very simple ‘search’ box for you to type in any bet or sport, in particular, that you are looking to place a bet on which makes navigation that bit easier.
The app features the same vast range of markets as the William Hill website, as well as the same features, in terms of Bet Boosts and other existing customer offers available on the website, plus other super features such as Racing Post comments and verdicts on every UK and Irish horse race. William Hill pride themselves on in-play betting, providing live streams for a range of sports, and their very own ‘William Hill Radio’ and ‘Betting TV’ streams, which are also accessible directly from the app.
The app really is every bit as simple to use as the website and placing a bet can be done in just the same way, with the same speed and efficiency. Withdrawals are also quick and efficient and done by the same process as above.
The William Hill Website
The William Hill website is both pleasing on the eye and very easy to use. It’s one of the best sports betting websites in the world and you will have no problem accessing the sport, the event or the bet that you would like to place.
The William Hill website can be accessed on a desktop, tablet and via your mobile device. Their trademark navy and yellow colour scheme will feel familiar, and importantly the yellow stands out so much so that you’ll never miss an enhanced price or existing customer offer. The navigation down the left side of the website is clear and easy to use, so no matter what sport or betting market you’re looking for it shouldn’t pose many problems. Whilst William Hill’s casino games such as bingo, poker and vegas can be accessed via links at the top of the page. Equally, if you’re looking to dive straight for the promotions page, you’ll find this link top and centre.
The range of betting markets are easy to sift through, and adding selections will prompt the betslip to appear on the right whilst remaining unintrusive. Placing a bet, finding your open bets and accessing your betting bank and history is a simple process and with a little practice will become second nature.
You are also able to watch events once you’ve placed your bets and have the option to stream via the sport or event page, or simply click on ‘Betting TV’ to stream live sport and watch your bets unfold. William Hill also offers an excellent radio service for those unable to watch or who prefer to listen. This is done as a daily broadcast on horse racing or as a daily broadcast on greyhound racing. Simply click ‘WH Radio’ and you can make the choice. With expert commentators on the service, this can be an invaluable tool to have on your side as a bettor. As with the app, the William Hill website also offers the excellent Spotlights horse comments and race verdicts produced by the Racing Post, an invaluable benefit
The William Hill website is a quick, efficient customer interface, providing you with an excellent platform from which to place both a quick bet, or a more considered, informed bet.
William Hill Deposit and Withdrawal Options
You need to complete the initial verification checks with William Hill to confirm you are who you say you are. These checks are relatively stress free but require you to verify your full name and date of birth. Once you’re signed up and logged in, you will be able to deposit and withdraw money from your account.
How to deposit money into your William Hill account
- Click ‘deposit’ at the top of the page or head to your account and find ‘deposit’
- Select your deposit method, add the amount you wish to deposit and confirm any card details
- Setup your favourite method of depositing to make a ‘quick deposit’
You’re now all set to begin placing your bets with William Hill.
How to withdraw money from your William Hill account
- Head to your account and click ‘withdraw’
- Select which destination you’d like to withdraw money to
- Enter the amount you’d like to withdraw and click continue
You can only withdraw to the same card that you deposited funds with previously. Typically it will take 1-3 working days for withdrawn funds to hit your account.
With William Hill, the deposit and withdrawal processes are simple and smooth and it takes only a short time for monies to be deposited to your account or for withdrawals to be received to your nominated card.
William Hill payment options
You can use the following payment options when betting with William Hill:
- Credit/debit cards
- Online banking
- Cash transfers
Most common among William Hill deposit methods are card transfers and e-wallets.
William Hill transaction times
William Hill’s website and app are quick and efficient in terms of the timescales for transactions. Deposits can be made in seconds. With virtually all payment methods, withdrawals are also done instantly. Withdrawals by bank transfer, which need to go through relevant banking procedures, can take 3-5 working days for withdrawn funds to reach their destination.
Are there limits on how much I can deposit and withdraw with William Hill?
For deposit limits, you are able to set and update a deposit limit, which specifies the maximum total amount of money you can deposit into your account with a rolling 24 hour, weekly or monthly period
For withdrawal limits, there is a minimum withdrawal of £5 and a maximum withdrawal of £10,000
William Hill Best Features
There are a tonne of fantastic features at William Hill, but we’ve picked out five of our favourites that really separate William Hill from the competition:
William Hill in-play betting
This is one of the best of its kind in the world of online sports betting with a huge range of markets on which betting is available.
William Hill radio
A super facility so you can listen to the experts and reaffirm the choices you’ve made for your bets or maybe even shape your betting slip through the opinions of the experts.
Best Odds Guaranteed
With William Hill’s Best Odds Guaranteed promotion, you can now secure the best odds on your bet on all UK horse racing. All you need to do is to take the price on offer about your selection(s) and if the SP return is greater, you’ll get paid out at the bigger odds.
William Hill Live Streaming
Keep up to date with the event you are considering betting on, or you’ve already had a bet on, with live streaming on multiple sports events at any one time. A wonderful facility to have on your side as a bettor. William Hill offers bets on a wide range of sports and events. For football and horse racing, in particular, the company is very hard to beat.
What markets can you bet on with William Hill
William Hill offers a huge range of markets on which you can bet. Click on your chosen sports and you will find a list of events. Once you have decided which event you want to bet on, click on that event to give you access to all the markets on that event.
For example, on a football match, this will offer you odds on the result of the match; you will be able to bet on whether there will be over or under a certain number of goals; bet on who will score; you can have a bet on the event as a handicap, and much more.
On a horse race, for example, click on the race you want to bet on and you’ll then see a list of the runners. You can bet on a horse to win, or each way, click on the offer to lengthen your odds, plus the headline offer of an enhanced bet on that race, perhaps ‘offer seven’ or a ‘bet boost’.
If basketball is your chosen sport, there will be NBA daily specials that open up once you click on the sport, as well as spread betting on the events and enhanced odds.
The list of events is vast and you would be wise to keep checking out special offers on certain events and head there, as you may be able to steal a bit of extra value and get bigger returns.
Why should you bet with William Hill?
William Hill Address
888 Holdings plc
Suite 601/701 Europort
William Hill is a Leeds-based company and it has a long established reputation as one of the UK’s leading high street bookmakers, as well as more recently becoming one of its best betting sites.
Established in 1934, it is now one of the leading betting sites in the business, while still offering a customer-facing element in its many shops.
William Hill has changed hands on numerous occasions. In the more recent examples, Caesars Entertainment acquired the company for £2.9billion in 2020. Caesars then put up the European business up for sale and in 2022, 888 bought that part of the business for £1.95billion.
Among William Hill’s ambassadors are former Wales international footballer Robbie Savage, former England player Rio Ferdinand, plus the record breaking former champion jump jockey Sir Anthony McCoy.
William Hill Contact Details
Telephone: +800 3551 3551
William Hill also offers an extremely useful live chat facility, which customers may prefer to use.
For customer support, William Hill has already answered many frequently asked questions on its website.
Deposit and withdrawal methods
Your William Hill account will offer several tools to help you to stay in control of how you play. You are advised to read all the options available and always ensure that you are gambling safely with William Hill. Click through to this page for a comprehensive guide on William Hills tools:
The maximum daily, weekly or monthly amount of money you can deposit into your account.
You can block your access to specific products (Gaming, Poker and Bingo), by contacting William Hill via their Live Chat.
Session Time Reminders
Set a time period for reminders to appear during gaming activity to help you track how long you’ve been playing.
Short Time Out
You can block access to your account if you want to stop gambling for a short period.
You can also set a time out online (up to 30 days).
If you feel you need a longer break, you can choose a full Self-Exclusion, starting from 6 months.
You also have an option to close your account indefinitely.