Sky Bet Free Bets & Betting Review
Sky Bet are among the largest betting organisations in Britain and they are renowned for their free bets, sign-up offers and odds boosts. They have a wide-range of both pre-event and in-play markets on football and horse racing as well as having all other major sports covered.
Why choose Sky Bet?
Racing Post Ratings
You can bet with Sky Bet on the Racing Post app!
Stay ahead of the field with the Racing Post app
The world's #1 racing app just got better. Get all the latest horseracing cards, results and experts’ tips. Then use the new game-changing odds comparison to place bets without leaving the app
Sky Bet Factfile
How to use your Sky Bet free bets
Once you have qualified for your free bets with Sky Bet, you’ll now be able to place these on any sport that you wish. Simply follow these instructions to place your free bets.
Using your free bets on Sky Bet:
- Choose which sport you would like to bet on
- Select a market
- Find your selection and click on the odds
- Your selection will now be in your betslip on the right side of the screen, click on the promotional box (a box with a bow on) and it will turn orange
- Click on place bet, below the stake box
How to sign-up with Sky Bet
Signing up for a Sky Bet account is quick and easy. Sign up to Sky Bet with these simple steps:
- Navigate your way to the Sky Bet website
- Click on “join” at the top right of your screen
- Enter your name
- Enter your date of birth
- Enter your address
- Enter your email
- Enter mobile phone number
- Enter username and security details
- Enter your card details
- Deposit funds
You may need to confirm your identity and complete some initial verification checks.
How to deposit into your Sky Bet account:
Depositing more funds into your Sky Bet account is simple.
- Log into your Sky Bet account
- Click on the icon next to your balance in the top right hand corner
- Select ‘deposit’ on the quick links tab
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and hit ‘enter’
How to withdraw from your Sky Bet account into your bank account:
- Log into your Sky Bet account
- Click on the icon next to your balance in the top right hand corner
- Select ‘withdraw’ on the quick links tab
- Choose the amount of money that you intend to withdraw
Customers that have a Visa Debit card on their account can use Fast Withdrawals and receive their funds within two hours. And the best bit is you don’t have to do a thing. As long as you’re withdrawing to a Visa Debit card, you’ll get your cash quicker, even on a bank holiday or weekend over the festive period.
However, using other methods of payment may take longer.
How to place a bet on Sky Bet
One you have signed-up for a Sky Bet account and have funds in your account, getting your bets on couldn’t be easier. Follow these simple steps to get started.
- Go to Sky Bet
- The central banner will have all of today’s offers and odds boosts
- To search for the sport you are looking for, scroll down the tab on the left hand side of your screen
- You should find a list of sports that you can bet on, displayed in alphabetical order
- Click on your desired sport
- Select which tournament or match you would like to bet on
- When you have found your bet, click on the odds and this will transfer the selection to your betslip
- Once you have double checked your bet, click place bet on the bet slip tab on the right of the screen and your bet will be placed
- To check your open bets, click on the ‘my bets’ tab at the top of the central panel
To bet on multiples, complete the steps above and add additional selections, your bet slip will hold several bets. You can then choose if you would like to put them in doubles, accumulators or some other type of multiple eg. Lucky 15, Yankee etc
Sky Bet Mobile App
How good is the Sky Bet mobile app?
The Sky Bet mobile app is free to download and can be obtained from the App Store in a matter of minutes.
The Sky Bet app is very similar in look and feel to the mobile website. The most popular sports are on the homepage and feature on a horizontal banner at the top of the page. A comprehensive list of the sports on offer is also available. One click on the search button in the top left-hand corner of the home page brings up the full list of sports/markets on a banner down the left side. There are also easy quick links to deposit, withdraw, ‘my bets’ and other useful account features on this banner including promotions.
What else is on the homepage?
Sky Bet’s extensive list of daily odds boosts also feature on the homepage. These can be anything from ‘price boosts’ to the likes of free-to-play games and casino offers.
Further down the homepage there is usually a list of sports that are currently ‘in-play’ that feature the big events live at that moment.
How to find your account details
Clicking on the small icon to the right of your balance in the top right corner of the screen will take you to your account details.
The ‘My Account’ section allows you to deposit, withdraw and look at your open and settled bets.
It also allows you to look into Sky Bet’s safer gambling tools that include deposit limits, cool off options and it’s where you can check your profit and loss.
You can view all your Sky Bet gaming history in this part of the app as well as manage your payment methods and look at your Sky Bet banking history. This is also somewhere that you can edit your account details (email address, address, phone number etc).
It’s simple and straightforward to use the Sky Bet app and you can find all the main features that feature on the desktop site. If you are familiar with the desktop site, then using the Sky Bet app should be an easy transition.
For those that like a more speculative bet, there is an accumulators section that features on the homepage. This presents several different events from one sport in an easy to click through format, making placing your bets even easier and saving the hassle of clicking through several different events to find your markets.
If you are betting on horse racing, you have the advantage of detailed form analysis as well as the simple racecards when placing your bets.
Each runner’s form for UK and Irish racing is expandable and a detailed list of their price history, official rating, performance stats (course and distance winner etc) and win percentages are all featured. There is also a ‘comment’ for each horse, giving a synopsis of the horse’s chance and some notes on the horse’s recent form.
How good is the Sky Bet website?
The Sky Bet website is a more comprehensive version of the app.
A lot of the features are in the same place as the app but there is an additional banner on the top that features all of the Sky products that include the following
- Sky Vegas
- Sky Casino
- Sku Casino live
- Super 6
- Sky Vegas live
- Sky Poker
- Sky Bingo
- Sky Sports Fantasy Football
- ITV 7 racing
- Sky Sports
- Sporting Life
The comprehensive list of sports that feature on Sky Bet are a permanent fixture on the left-hand side of the screen (rather than a pop-out banner on the Sky Bet app) and the bet slip is a permanent fixture on the right-hand side of the screen.
There are no disadvantages to using the website rather than the app. The daily Sky Bet boosts and offers are more prominent, simply due to the increased page size. One big advantage of using the website is that you can see what’s in your bet slip as you navigate through markets, a particularly handy feature if you are building your own accumulator.
What are ‘Net Deposits’ on Sky Bet?
Net deposits are in place to help keep crime out of gambling. Put simply, whatever funds you deposit from a particular card or e-wallet, must go back to that same card or e-wallet.
Split withdrawal (net deposit rule) helps to keep the amount deposited – (minus) the amount withdrawn to each payment method as close to £0 or below.
Total deposits – Total withdrawals = £0 or less
For example, you have two cards; you have deposited £300 from card A and £10 from card B. You want to make a withdrawal of £250. The best card to make this withdrawal to is card A, as you have deposited the most from this card and withdrawing to card A will make the ‘Net deposits’ of both cards as close to £0 as possible.
Please note that when withdrawing, you may wish to make a withdrawal and find you get a message requiring you to split your withdrawals across two payment methods. This is due to Sky Bet’s ‘net deposit’ rule. The split withdrawals process is to help manage ‘net deposits’.
There are no charges for depositing or withdrawing when using a debit card with Sky Bet.
Sky Bet’s best features
Sky Bet are one of the UK’s leading bookmakers and their comprehensive list of sports, both pre-event and in-play make them an attractive choice for potential new customers. And don’t forget new customers can get £20 in free bets when they sign up.
Sky Bet cover all the top sports that you would expect, including football, horse racing, golf and tennis while offering a comprehensive range of markets on smaller sports such as bowls, table tennis and even wrestling!
Here are some of the best features that Sky Bet have on site.
- Free-to-play games – Sky Bet’s free-to-play game offering is in a different league to most of its competitors. The Super 6 has been hugely popular for football fans, probably only second to the Premier League official fantasy football game in terms of free-to-play game popularity. The ITV7 (a horse racing prediction contest) is another strong offering in this sphere and has been hugely popular since ITV took the terrestrial tv contract back in 2017.
- Odds boosts – Sky Bet seem to have more odds boosts and ‘super boosts’ than any other bookmaker and these can help you get the most value out of your Sky Bet account.
- Extra places – another horse racing offer and Sky Bet have set themselves apart from most other bookmakers by offering extra each-way places as standard in many races, particularly feature races on the big Saturdays and festivals including Royal Ascot and Cheltenham.
- Cash out – if you have lost confidence in your bet, or want to take some profit before the final whistle, Sky Bet cash out offers you a way of doing so. This feature allows you to take some of your winnings before the conclusion of the event. Cash out offers vary throughout a tournament/match depending on the current odds.
What sports can you bet on with Sky Bet
Sky Bet has an array of sports betting opportunities. Football and horse racing are two of the major offerings but customers can also bet on many other sports including cricket, golf, tennis, darts and many more including the major US sports (baseball, American football, basketball).
Horse racing betting
A big focus of Sky Bet’s offering revolves around horse racing. The bookmaker sponsors several big meetings in the UK and tries to promote many of their offers that include extra places in many of the big races.
Customers can bet on all UK and Irish racing as well as selected international meetings including racing in France and Dubai.
Sky Bet have a wide range of markets on horse racing including win and each-way, forecasts and tricasts, bet without and insure bet, giving them one of the most comprehensive offerings on horse racing in the UK.
Live streaming is also available on Sky Bet shortly before each race, allowing punters to watch all the racing from the UK and Ireland for free if you are logged into your account.
All of the major leagues are covered on Sky Bet including the Premier League and all of the other major European leagues. Sky Bet also offers betting on Asian and South American leagues.
There are 100s of markets for most matches including all the usual full-time result, handicap and under/over goals markets as well as some more obscure markets that can be found in the RequestABet Specials.
What markets can you bet on with Sky Bet
There are a vast number of markets for every football match featured on Sky Bet and even more markets available for each Premier League game.
Popular markets include Full Time Result, Half-Time/Full-Time Result, Correct Score, Under/Over Goals, Goal In Both Halves and Both Teams To Score.
Sky Bet also have RequestABets. Bets that are requested by customers, usually through social media (twitter).
BuildABet is a new Sky Bet feature that allows users to bet on multiple outcomes in the same match. Customers can pick from any of the markets available.
If you haven’t already, sign up with Sky Bet and claim £20 in free bets before enjoying the wide range of betting markets available.
Why should you bet with Sky Bet?
Sky Bet Address
Bonne Terre Limited (trading as Sky Vegas)
4 Wellington Place,
Sky Bet Contact Details
Telephone: 0808 8020 133
Sky Bet also offers an extremely useful live chat or messenger service found on their help page, which customers may prefer to use.
For customer support, Sky Bet has already answered many frequently asked questions on its website.
Deposit and withdrawal methods
Sky Bet is committed to responsible gambling and they offer a number of tools to help customers stay in control.
Their safer gambling tools include:
- Profit and Loss
- This allows you to see how much you have won or lost over a period of time
- Deposit Limits
- You can set daily, weekly and monthly deposit limits to help you regulate and budget how much money you deposit with Sky Bet
- Cool Off Periods
- These allow you to take a break from betting from one to 30 days
- Self Exclusion
- The self exclusion tool can block your account from six months up to five years
Sky Bet also offer Gambling Support, Self Assessments and Blocking Software. A full list of support options from Sky Bet and independent gambling help lines can be found here.