5:00 Newcastle 6 Aug 1997
Boots At Metro Centre Limited Stakes Class E(Class 5) (1m1f9yds) 1m1f Good To Firm
1st £2,726.25 2nd £825 3rd £402.50 4th £191.25
Horse / SP
Trainer / Jockey
|ro m Grey Desire - Pendle's Secret (Le Johnstan)|
|Held up, steady headway over 2f out, led 1f out, ran on well|
|b f Silver Hawk(USA) - Colony Club I(USA) (Tom Rolfe)|
|Tracked leaders, headway over 2f out, ridden approaching final furlong, kept on|
|gr m Kalaglow - Queens Connection (Bay Express)|
|Led until headed 1f out, not quicken|
|b f Priolo(USA) - Lucky Round (Auction Ring)|
|Close up until ridden and weakened well over 1f out|
- 4 ran Off time: 5:00:00 Winning time: 1m 54.40s (slow by 1.20s) Total SP: 114%
- Non-runners: Shamokin
- 1st owner: Mrs Linda Miller (Pride Of Pendle) 1st breeder: James Simpson
- 2nd owner: Mr & Mrs G Middlebrook (Night Mirage)
- 3rd owner: Miss Heather L Davison (Queens Consul)
- Tote win: £3.10 Ex: £2.30 CSF: £6.93
- Jackpot: Not won. Pool: £8,109.57 carried over to Pontefract today.
- Placepot: £270.50 to a £1 stake. Pool: £31,650.47. 85.4 winning tickets.
- Quadpot: £20.40 to a £1 stake. Pool: £1,805.85. 65.21 winning tickets.