3:45 Cheltenham 9 Dec 2006
Brit Insurance Novices' Hurdle (Registered As The Bristol Novices' Hurdle) Grade 2(Class 1) (2m7f213yds) 3m New Soft 12 hurdles
1st £19,957 2nd £7,486.50 3rd £3,748.50 4th £1,869 5th £938 6th £469
Horse / SP
Trainer / Jockey
|b g Supreme Leader - Stormy Petrel(IRE) (Strong Gale)|
|Took keen hold, tracked leaders, led 2 out, pushed clear run-in (op 14-1)|
|b m Saint Preuil(FR) - Suzy De Thou(FR) (Toujours Pret)|
|Led, hit 8th, headed 2 out, kept on under pressure but outpaced by winner run-in (op 15-8 tchd 9-4)|
|b g Supreme Leader - Ring Mam(IRE) (King's Ride)|
|In rear but in touch, chased leaders 3 out, not fluent next, weakened soon after (op 7-1)|
|ch m Glacial Storm(USA) - Benbradagh Vard(IRE) (Le Bavard)|
|In rear and reminder after 6th, headway 8th, pressed leaders and ridden 2 out, soon weakened (op 3-1 tchd 11-4 and 4-1)|
|ch c Lando(GER) - Ame Soeur(FR) (Siberian Express)|
|In rear, not fluent 3rd, still behind when stumbled 2 out, kept on approaching last but never in contention|
|b g Flemensfirth(USA) - Ballinlovane (Le Moss)|
|Chased leaders, challenged 3 out, weakened next (op 9-1 tchd 11-1)|
|b g Kadalko(FR) - L'Inka(FR) (R B Chesne)|
|Chased leaders, hit 7th, weakened rapidly 3 out, tailed off when pulled up before last|
|b g Dr Massini(IRE) - Molly Maguire(IRE) (Supreme Leader)|
|Tracking leaders when blundered and unseated rider 8th (op 5-1)|
- 8 ran Winning time: 6m 11.60s (slow by 30.60s) Total SP: 117%
- 1st owner: John and Heather Snook (Flight Leader) 1st breeder: Miss Esther Feeney
- 2nd owner: Gdm Partnership (Labelthou)
- 3rd owner: Mr & Mrs Duncan Davidson (The Whisperer)
- Tote win: £18.80 PL: £2.90 £1.30 £1.70 Ex: £56.80 CSF: £44.75 Trifecta: £678.30 Pool £1,337.50. - 1.40 winning units. Place 6 £7.83, Place 5 £6.05.
- Jackpot: £545.70 to a £1 stake. Pool: £163,725.23. 213.00 winning tickets.
- Placepot: £8.30 to a £1 stake. Pool: £182,731.84. 15,896.65 winning tickets.
- Quadpot: £3.10 to a £1 stake. Pool: £7,010.20. 1,659.65 winning tickets.