Siblings to 59 Group 1 winners among stunning Tattersalls Book 1 entries
Catalogue contains yearlings out of The Fugue and Speedy Boarding
Tattersalls has unveiled a stunning collection of entries for Book 1 of the October Yearling Sale, with the catalogue containing siblings to no fewer than 59 Group 1 winners.
Among the headline offerings are full- or half-brothers to the likes of Advertise, Al Kazeem, Barney Roy, Golden Horn, Lady Eli, Magna Grecia, Poet's Word, Speedy Boarding and Veracious.
The 552-lot catalogue also offers sire power in abundance, with 23 lots by ten-time champion stallion Galileo, 29 by Dubawi and 40 sons and daughters of Frankel.
With many of Europe's finest breeders sending their best yearlings to Book 1, the catalogue contains siblings to an impressive total of 243 stakes winners. Among the standout pedigrees are:
- Lot 1: an American Pharoah half-brother to US turf champion Lady Eli, consigned by Watership Down Stud
- 11: an Invincible Spirit half-sister to Blue Point, consigned by Oak Lodge & Springfield House Studs
- 13: a Lope De Vega three-parts sister to Group/Grade 1 winners Lumiere and Sheikha Reika, offered by Ballylinch Stud
- 19: a No Nay Never sister to July Cup hero Ten Sovereigns, offered by Camas Park Stud
- 44: the first foal out of two-time Group 1 winner Speedy Boarding, a colt by Dubawi, consigned by Meon Valley Stud
- 77: the first public offering out of champion racemare The Fugue, a colt by Dubawi, consigned by Watership Down Stud
- 118: a Kingman half-brother to King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes and Prince of Wales's Stakes hero Poet's Word, offered by Woodcote Stud
- 124: a Dubawi half-brother to St James's Palace Stakes scorer Without Parole, offered by Newsells Park Stud
- 128: a Dubawi half-brother to 1,000 Guineas heroine Legatissimo, offered by Newsells Park Stud
- 130: a Siyouni half-brother to Izzi Top out of the Group 1 winner Zee Zee Top, consigned by Meon Valley Stud
- 148: Barney Roy's half-brother by Dubawi, consigned by Hazelwood Bloodstock
- 166: a full-sister to sprint sensation Battaash, offered by Ballyphilip Stud
- 180: a Frankel full-brother to Elarqam, out of Attraction, offered by Floors Stud
- 208: a Siyouni half-brother to 2,000 Guineas victor Magna Grecia, consigned by Norelands Stud
- 243: a Lope De Vega three-parts brother to Speedy Boarding, consigned by Meon Valley Stud
- 288: a Frankel half-brother to Derby and Arc hero Golden Horn, consigned by Norelands Stud
- 301: a Lethal Force half-brother to three-time Group 1-winning sprinter Advertise, offered by Cheveley Park Stud
- 307: a Dubawi half-brother to 2,000 Guineas and St James's Palace Stakes winner Galileo Gold, offered by The Castlebridge Consignment
- 315: a Dubawi half-sister to champion juvenile Shalaa, consigned by Castlefarm Stud
- 330: a Galileo half-sister to Derby winner Pour Moi, consigned by Camas Park Stud
- 349: a Frankel full-brother to Falmouth Stakes scorer Veracious, offered by Cheveley Park Stud
- 354: a Kingman colt out of the great Islington, offered by Glenvale Stud
- 370: a Kingman half-brother to Al Kazeem, consigned by Oak Grove Stud
- 371: a Galileo half-sister to Ivawood, consigned by Barronstown Stud
- 377: a Galileo half-sister to champion juvenile Tiggy Wiggy, offered by WH Bloodstock
- 493: a Galileo half-sister to Prix Maurice de Gheest winner Garswood, offered by Glenvale Stud
- 495: a War Front half-sister to Oaks victress Qualify, consigned by Newsells Park Stud
- 527: a Zoffany half-brother to Oaks winner Dancing Rain, consigned by The Castlebridge Consignment
- 540: a Frankel filly out of Group 1 winner Ribbons, offered by Kirtlington Stud
A total of 17 first-crop sires are represented by a group of 51 yearlings, including those by Awtaad, Harzand, New Bay and The Gurkha.
On the release of the Book 1 catalogue, Tattersalls' chairman Edmond Mahony said: "Graduates of Book 1 of the October Yearling Sale have enjoyed another stellar year with the likes of this year's dual Royal Ascot Group 1 winner Blue Point and outstanding Classic and Group 1 winners Japan and Phoenix Of Spain flying the flag throughout Europe.
"The achievements of Book 1 purchases at the highest level in America have further demonstrated the uniquely global appeal of Europe's premier yearling sale and this year's catalogue is yet another in a long sequence of truly exceptional Book 1 catalogues.
"We have an extraordinary number of yearlings by the very best of an outstanding cast of European sires and, crucially for buyers at every level of Book 1, all 552 Book 1 yearlings can reward owners with the unprecedented prize-money offered through the £25,000 Tattersalls October Book 1 Bonus scheme."
This year's edition of Book 1 has a lot to live up to, as 12 months ago the sale was topped by 2018's most expensive yearling, the 3,500,000gns Dubawi brother to Too Darn Hot, who was bought by Qatar Racing.
Last year's Book 1 reports: