'We encourage those who have not attended the Yorton Sale before to come along'
Catalogue for the fourth renewal of the Goffs UK Yorton Sale has been released
This year will mark the fourth annual Goffs UK Yorton Sale, an event which is now an established National Hunt sale on the European calendar, and will see a quality catalogue of 46 lots offered at Yorton Farm in Wales on September 8.
The sale has grown in following and stature since its inception in 2019 and the founding concept behind it, selling National Hunt two-year-olds with the view of offering buyers the option to bring the horses on earlier in their careers, seems to be catching on.
This autumn will see the launch of the BHA and TBA’s new Junior 3YO Hurdle Race Series, an initiative to which this sale is tailored having already produced five three-year-old winners, and as a result, this year’s catalogue will be dedicated to offering only National Hunt two-year-olds.
In the sales ring and on the track, the sale continues to build on solid foundations. With the oldest progeny only five-year-olds, it has produced some impressive winners and has seen 68 per cent of graduates that have hit the track either win or place. These graduates are headlined by Redemption Day, who stormed home on his debut bumper and was then second in the Grade 1 Champions Bumper at Punchestown for Willie Mullins.
Once again, the catalogue represents the final opportunity to secure two-year-olds ahead of the major store sales next year and it has proven good value for pinhookers, with touches of £26,000 into €115,000, £35,000 into €88,000, £30,000 into €82,000, £28,000 into £80,000, etc.
The line-up will offer well-bred two-year-olds, with leading sire Blue Bresil well represented with 17 horses from his final British-bred crop before he left Yorton to stand in Ireland, with nine of the lots out of black-type performing and producing mares.
Some of the highlights include:
- Lot 1, a Blue Bresil gelding out of the Listed-winning King’s Theatre mare Morello Royale
- 2, a Malinas half-sister to the seven-time winner and Group 3 victor Fire Ship
- 4, a Blue Bresil filly out of the Listed-placed Kayf Tara mare Chocca Wocca
- 16, a Masterstroke gelding out of the Grade 3-placed mare Santa Diana
- 20, a Blue Bresil half-sister to the Grade 2-placed The Saint James and from the family of Balko
- 23, a Kapgarde half-brother to Hermine Des Obeaux, who was Grade 3-placed earlier this month
- 26, a Masterstroke half-brother to seven-time winner (including at Listed level) Dashing Rose
- 30, a Malinas half-brother to the Grade 3-placed The Two Amigos and from the family of Sizing Pottsie
- 36, a Blue Bresil half-brother to the Listed winner and Grade 3-placed Yosille, and from the family of Golden Silver
- 42, a Blue Bresil filly out of a half-sister to the Grade 1 winners All Yours and Lac Fontana
- 44, a Blue Bresil half-brother to the Listed winner and Grade 1-placed Midnight Tour
Other sires with progeny in the sale are Amaron, Arrigo, Axxos, Bathyrhon, Chemical Charge, Choeur Du Nord, Estejo, Gentlewave, Guiliani, Kapgarde, Linda's Lad, Lord Of England, Manatee, Pether's Moon, Protectionist, Seahenge, Shirocco and The Grey Gatsby.
Yorton Farm owner David Futter said: “We are always looking for ways to grow and evolve this sale and this year, given the timely announcement of the new Junior Hurdle Series, the sale will focus purely on offering two-year-olds and we have a very strong line-up once again.
“We have looked at how we can give both our domestic and international buyers more value when purchasing horses from the sale so, this year, our fillies have had all three stages paid up for the lucrative GBB scheme, and we are also offering a travel incentive in the way of subsidising export paperwork fees for horses going to France and Ireland.
“We hope the strong catalogue, aided by the new incentives, will assist in the sale’s growth and we encourage those who have not attended before to come along and enjoy this unique event. Together with the Goffs UK team, we look forward to welcoming people from throughout Europe to Yorton in September.”
Goffs UK managing director Tim Kent said: “The Yorton Sale has evolved into a quality event and the results it has achieved in just three years are outstanding. This year marks the fourth year of our partnership with Yorton and their enthusiasm and drive to deliver a quality product and a memorable event grows every year. We look forward to joining them in September, when another quality catalogue awaits.”
Browse the catalogue here.