Inaugural sale with a difference to offer mix of two-year-olds and yearlings
Goffs UK Yorton Sale gains 37 entries and is slated for Thursday, September 12
The catalogue for the first annual Goffs UK Yorton Sale on September 12 at Yorton Farm Stud is now available to view online and will offer a total of 37 entries.
The new initiative has been an ambition of Yorton Stud Owner David Futter and his team for some time and next moth's inaugural sale will be the first of what is hoped will develop into an annual event on the calendar.
The select catalogue will offer 28 two-year-olds and nine yearlings, which are a mixture of horses that have been bred on Yorton Farm and sourced from studs throughout Europe. The format of the sale will see the stud open its doors at 8am on September 12 for inspections, with the sale to commence at 1pm.
The catalogue is not only unique in that it will offer predominately two-year-old stores but also that it will offer four colts, including lot 11, a juvenile by No Risk At All out of Group 2-winning Kapgarde mare Princesse Kap, and lot 31, a Pether’s Moon yearling out of the Listed-winning King's Theatre mare Blue Buttons.
Some of the other highlights of the 2019 Yorton Sale catalogue are:
- a Gentlewave two-year-old half-sister to Grade 2-placed The Saint James
- a Nutan two-year-old half-brother to the ten-time winner and Grade 3 victor Nabucco
- a Blue Bresil two-year-old filly out of a half-sister to the multiple Grade 1 winner Valseur Lido
- a Fame And Glory two-year-old filly out of the four-time winner and Grade 3-placed mare Gentle Alice
- a Blue Bresil two-year-old gelding out of an own-sister to the Grade 1 winner Cheltenian. He is an own-brother to Big Bresil who placed on his only point-to-point and sold at the Goffs UK Aintree Sale for £170,000
- a Silver Frost two-year-old gelding out of an own-sister to the Grade 1 winner Grand D'Auteuil
- a Gentlewave two-year-old half-sister to the Group 1 winner Vodka Wells
- a Saddex two-year-old gelding out of a close relation to the multiple Grade 1 winner Apple's Jade and Grade 2 winner Apple's Shakira
- a Blue Bresil yearling gelding out of the Listed-placed Kayf Tara mare Chocca Wocca, a daughter of the multiple Grade 2-winning mare Chomba Womba
- a Pether’s Moon yearling gelding out of a half-sister to this season’s Grade 2 Goffs UK Nickel Coin Mares' Bumper winner Kayf Grace
Other sires with progeny in the sale are Boris de Deauville, Clovis du Berlais, Great Pretender, High Rock, Kallisto, Masterstroke, Papal Bull, Scalo, Sordino, Tai Chi and Turgeon.
Yorton Stud owner David Futter said: "The draft has come together very well and I think it will hold great appeal with buyers as not only will it offer some outstanding young horses, it will offer something different – that being two-year-old stores that can be brought into training earlier as well as the opportunity to race well-bred colts.”
Goffs UK managing director Tony Williams added: “We are delighted with the catalogue for the first annual Goffs UK Yorton Sale, which is set to offer some outstanding National Hut stock.
"Interest has been very strong and this catalogue will undoubtedly attract buyers from throughout Europe to Yorton for the inaugural sale.”
More to read about sales