The quiz: how much do you know about the winter code?
All this week we've been debating which code is best – Flat or jumps? If you're all about the obstacles, test your knowledge of the code with out jumps quiz . . .
1. In which year did Golden Miller win the Gold Cup and Grand National?
2. Which horse finished fourth in the year of Michael Dickinson's Famous Five?
A. Captain John
B. Silver Buck
C. Wayward Lad
D. Ashley House
3. Whose brother is a champion jump jockey in the US?
A. Barry Geraghty
B. Ruby Walsh
C. John Francome
D. Jamie Osborne
4. Where did AP McCoy ride his 4,000th winner?
5. With how many horses has Paul Nicholls trained to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup?
6. How did 1948 Grand National winner Sheila's Cottage show her appreciation of jockey Arthur Thompson?
A. She bucked him off as they crossed the line
B. She bit the top of his finger off
C. She let his three-year-old daughter ride her around the winner's enclosure
D. She stood on his foot while he unsaddled her, breaking three toes
7. When did Martin Pipe claim his first trainers' championship?
8. Who holds the record for the fastest Aintree Grand National?
A. Mr Frisk
C. Hallo Dandy
D. Don't Push It
9. How many times did Quevega win during her career?
10. Other than winning the 1992 Grand National, what was Party Politics most famous for?
A. He also won the Lonsdale Cup
B. He shared his stable with a goat
C. He was a twin
D. At around 18 hands high, he was extremely tall
DUAL-PURPOSE BONUS QUESTION
Which subsequent British champion Flat jockey won the 2002 Champion Bumper at the Cheltenham Festival on Pizarro?
A. Jim Crowley
B. Jamie Spencer
C. Ryan Moore
D. Graham Lee
Scroll down for the answers . . .
1. C. 1934
2. B. Silver Buck
3. A. Barry Geraghty - his brother Ross Geraghty is a champion jump jockey in the US
4. D. Towcester
5. C. Three
6. B. She bit the top of his finger off
7. C. 1989
8. A. Mr Frisk
9. C. 16
10. D. He was extremely tall
B. Jamie Spencer