The quiz: how much do you know about the week's hot topics?
Barely a day goes by without big news stories breaking, among them the seismic, controversial and downright wacky. Catch up on your week in news in our quickfire quiz.
1. The weights for this year’s Randox Health Grand National were revealed on Tuesday at a special event, but what annoyed Aintree boss John Baker about the ceremony?
A. The weight his Grand National fancy was given
B. That the ceremony took place in the evening
C. The guests being noisy
D. Nobody turning up for the event
2. Michael O’Leary, the owner of Gigginstown House Stud, was upset by the weights some of his horses were given for the Grand National. How did he react?
A. Immediately ruled out leading fancies Don Poli, Outlander and Empire Of Dirt
B. Banned handicapper Phil Smith from flying on Ryanair
C. Said he would win the race anyway
D. Refused to run any horse in Britain
3. Fame And Glory died of a suspected heart attack last week. What year did he win the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot for Aidan O’Brien?
4. Further plans were revealed for the city racing scheme, whereby horseracing would take place on the streets of London. What street do they want to race down?
A. Charing Cross Road
B. Pall Mall
C. Clapham High Street
D. Oxford Street
5. Sir Anthony McCoy restated his belief that a female riding allowance is a good thing. But what did he reveal happened after he first made the comments last year?
A. A number of female riders refused to speak to him
B. He had been contacted by France Galop to discuss his thoughts
C. He was told off by his wife Chanelle
A. Rathlin Rose
B. Ardkilly Witness
C. Troika Steppes
7. Cue Card was a scintillating winner of the Betfair Ascot Chase on Saturday. How many Grade 1 races has he won?
8. Prize-money for the Juddmonte International has been boosted to £1 million for the first time this season. But what is the richest turf race in the world?
A. Dubai World Cup
B. Melbourne Cup
D. The Everest
9. Yanworth boosted his Stan James Champion Hurdle claims with victory in the Kingwell Hurdle at Wincanton. Who was the last horse to win the Kingwell and follow up in the Champion Hurdle?
B. Hardy Eustace
10. Sulamani, winner of the French Derby and Juddmonte International among other races, died this week. Which jumps race did he sire the winner of last year?
A. Champion Hurdle
B. Grand National
C. Racing Post Arkle
D. Cheltenham Gold Cup
Scroll down for the answers . . .
1. C (the guests were noisy)
2. A (he ruled out his leading fancies)
3. B (2011)
4. D (Oxford Street)
5. A (female riders refused to talk to him)
6. A (Rathlin Rose)
7. D (9)
8. D (The Everest)
9. C (Katchit)
10. B (Grand National)