The Lowdown: going updates, racecards, news and tips for today's racing
- CALLING TIME:Top jump jockey Wayne Hutchinson, who had over 800 career winners in Britain,has announced his retirement.
- NO FAIRYTALE ENDING:Four-time Group 1 winner Magical has been ruled out of the Breeders' Cupand retired.
- RECORD-BREAKER:Mark Johnston broke the record for most winners in a season with his236th success of the campaign at Kempton last night.
- FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS:The rescheduled Vertem Futurity Trophy at Newcastle on Friday has attracted 17 entries. Nine of those are trained by Aidan O'Brien.
- RALLYING CRY: Richard Phillips' proposed National Racehorse Day has been well supported across the industry.
Chepstow(first race 1.15)
Get your notebooks at the ready. A number of talented young prospects are on show at the track and the beginners' chase (3.25), won last year by The Worlds End, is a fascinating contest. Read the preview here.
GoingGood to soft, soft in places
SPOTLIGHT TIP:Christmas In April (1.45)
Going Heavy, soft in places
Paul Kealy'stop tip
Late Shipment(1.15 Chepstow)
Pipe-opener on the Flat here last month and easy winner the last time he ran over track, trip and ground over hurdles.
Graeme Rodway leads today's Raceday Live coverage.
Ten second tips
Maddy Playle gives her best bets of the day...
Maddy Playle,Dave Orton, Tom Collins and Paddy Power's Paul Binfield reflect on the weekend's action and share their top tips for the next few days...
For the freshest betting advice, based on latest going and market conditions, don't miss the Live Tipster every afternoon. Just click Raceday Live at racingpost.com or the mobile app