The Lowdown: going updates, racecards, news and tips for today's racing
- BREAKING: Spanish Mission goes from last to first to claim the $1 million Jockey Club Derby Invitational Stakes at Belmont Park for trainer David Simcock and Jamie Spencer – the three-year-old earned an automatic berth in the Breeders' Cup Turf as a result.
- FRENCH FORAY: Irish 2,000 Guineas hero Phoenix Of Spain, St James's Palace Stakes scorer Circus Maximus and Jacques le Marois winner Romanised bid for Group 1 glory in the Prix Du Moulin at Longchamp (2.50), while the unbeaten Al Dabaran and promising Alpinista feature for Britain on the undercard.
- FESTIVAL OPENER: Listowel's seven-day harvest festival gets underway with €40,000 on offer in the feature 2m4f handicap chase (4.40). The Willie Mullins-trained Ask Susan heads the market after some consistent efforts in good company.
- POPULAR BRAVE: the admirably versatile and classy Wicklow Brave, trained by Willie Mullins, bids to maintain his unbeaten chase record at Listowel (4.10).
- HOPES ARE HIGH: Olly Murphy and Jamie Snowden staged owners' days on Saturday with the first-named trainer excited about novice chasers Thomas Darby and Brewin'Upastorm and Snowden hoping Thebannerkingrebel can become a Supreme contender.
York (first race 1.50)
There is £145,000 in prize-money up for grabs on the Knavesmire and the four-timer seeking Dakota Gold is afforded star billing. He tackles Listed company for the first time in the feature LNER-sponsored Garrowby Stakes (2.55: racecard | preview).
Going Good, good to firm in places - GoingStick 6.8
SPOTLIGHT TIP: Dakota Gold (2.55)
Going Yielding, good to yielding in places
Going Good, good to firm in places - GoingStick 7.2
Keep up to speed with today's non-runners and the latest changes with Raceday Live
Tom Segal's top tip
Roulston Scar (4.30 York)
Bumped into two very well-handicapped sprinters at this track last time but still put in an improved effort under Megan Nicholls, who is back on again. Step up to 6f will be a big help and will be extremely hard to catch off only 2lb higher.
Graeme Rodway leads our team of experts providing live insight through the day on Raceday Live.
Top Flat jockey Jim Crowley discusses how he got into racing, the transition from riding over jumps to on the Flat and the task of harnessing the searing speed of Battaash.
Read The Lowdown from 8.30am daily on racingpost.com and the Racing Post app for all the day's going updates, news and tips