down cross right results icon premium content video video hollow icon audio lifeNews icon-comment tick starFilled betSlip hot icon-liveCommentary refresh spinner arrow-down

Strong winds force Fairyhouse to move meeting to Tuesday

New declarations will be made on Monday for Fairyhouse
1 of 1

Saturday's meeting at Fairyhouse has been called off and rescheduled for Tuesday with Storm Brian bringing dangerously high winds to the course.

Officials checked conditions at 8am on Saturday and, after consultation with Met Eireann, decided to postpone the fixture until next week.

A statement from Horse Racing Ireland said: "Following an early morning decision between Fairyhouse, Turf Club executives, and Met Eireann, the Fairyhouse meeting today has been cancelled for health and safety reasons due to strong winds forecast for the afternoon. 

"Horse Racing Ireland has announced that this meeting will now be held at Fairyhouse on Tuesday, October 24."

Fresh declarations for Tuesday's meeting will be made at 10am on Monday.

Read The Briefing from 8.30am daily on with all the day's latest going, weather, market moves and non-runner news

Fairyhouse meeting today has been cancelled for health and safety reasons

Key data

E.W. Terms