Mystery horse Anseanachai Cliste marches on to Kelso
Anseanachai Cliste, the horse at the centre of a mystery withdrawal case that triggered a BHA investigation at the Cheltenham Festival, will be bidding to stretch his winning run to ten at Kelso on Sunday when he contests the Ayton Castle Handicap Chase (3.50).
Trainer by Stephen McConville, the nine-year-old was withdrawn from the Foxhunter Chase at Cheltenham because stewards could not be satisfied he had been administered only normal feed and water on the day of the race.
The authority's chief regulatory officer Jamie Stier said at the time: "In my experience of seven years it's the first time a horse has been withdrawn in these circumstances. But we're now in the investigation phase, so I can't say anything further at this stage."
'He's in very good form'
Although McConville would not comment on the BHA investigation, he remains hopeful Anseanachai Cliste can extend his long unbeaten run at Kelso.
He said: “He’s in very good form and has had a little break, so he's fresh. He's won nine races on the bounce in point-to-points and, most recently, in the Ulster National at Downpatrick.
“I know all good things come to an end, but hopefully he can continue his winning ways.”