Menu
Next Race Newspaper
Free Bets
My Account
Tracker

Tuesday, 11 December, 2018

Enable soars into lead after key races at York make it all change at the top

Enable has surged past Winter in the race to be crowned Cartier Horse of the Year following her win in the Yorkshire Oaks
1 of 1

A fourth Group 1 victory of the year at York last week has catapulted Enable past dual Guineas and Coronation Stakes winner Winter in the standings for Cartier Horse of the Year. 

Enable moved ahead of Winter for the first time as the pair of three-year-old fillies continue to run roughshod over their elders. 

Juddmonte International winner Ulysses moved into third in the overall standings as well as overtaking Ribchester in the race to be crowned Champion Older Horse.

The pair, who fought out the finish immediately behind Ulysses, are the leading lights in the three-year-old colt category with runner-up Churchill now just 12 points behind his Royal Ascot conqueror Barney Roy.

The pair occupy fourth and sixth in the overall standings.

In what has become a compelling if rather confusing sprint division, Marsha is now just eight points adrift in second behind July Cup hero Harry Angel.

Marsha got the better of another filly in the running for honours, Lady Aurelia, when gaining the verdict on the nod in the Nunthorpe Stakes last Friday.

The tables reflect points awarded across the season's Pattern races and account for 30 per cent of the Cartier 'Electoral College' with the remaining 70 per cent split equally between a panel of racing journalists and experts, and a public vote cast by viewers of ITV Racing and readers of the Racing Post and Daily Telegraph. 

Cartier Horse Of The Year

Enable 160
Winter 148
Ulysses 140
Barney Roy 116
Ribchester 110
Churchill 104

Cartier Older Horse

Ulysses 140
Ribchester 110
Decorated Knight 80
Highland Reel 80
Cloth Of Stars 56

Cartier Three-Year-Old Colt

Barney Roy 116
Churchill 104
Thunder Snow 90
Al Wukair 72
Brametot 72

Cartier Sprinter

Harry Angel 68
Marsha 60
Brando 48
Lady Aurelia 48
Caravaggio 40

Juddmonte winner Ulysses moved into third in the overall standings as well as overtaking Ribchester in the race to be crowned champion older horse

Key data

Enable
Bookmaker
Price
E.W. Terms
Sporting
BetVictor
Sky bet
Boylesport
RaceBets