Bangor cancels Sunday card after further rain adds to devastating flood damage
Sunday's meeting at Bangor was called off on Wednesday as the Welsh track continued to count the cost of the worst flooding in the area for more than 20 years.
The village of Bangor-on-Dee made national news in January when it was evacuated after a severe flood warning was issued and the racecourse has suffered a "significant" financial blow due to the damage caused.
Bangor lost its sole fixture last month because of the flooding, but officials were hoping to return on Sunday following a major clean-up operation only for more rain to arrive this week.
Clerk of the course Andrew Morris said: "Earlier in the week, we were happy with conditions despite some areas where there is not a lot of grass cover. However, there are areas of the track that are now waterlogged and the forecast looks unsettled for the next few days."
With the track situated next to the River Dee, it has been susceptible to flooding in the past but Morris described the latest occurrence as the worst since 2000.
"It's had a significant financial impact on us and flooding seems to be happening more frequently. This one was particularly bad.
"There was thousands of tonnes of debris washed onto the track, lots of running rail got washed away and three fences got damaged," he said.
"As the water went down we found hundreds of tonnes of silt on the track, which we've had to scrape off using machines. The team has done a great job."
The track's next meeting is due to take place on April 17.
Study the form and watch unlimited full video race replays from all 86 British and Irish racecourses. Join Members' Club Ultimate now and never miss a race again!