Aintree quiz: fancy yourself to score top marks in our review?
The Grand National meeting has been and gone, a superb three days that will be fondly remembered for some great stories, brilliant displays and a popular big-race victory for One For Arthur. Test your Aintree knowledge in our quickfire quiz.
1. Colin Tizzard roared back to form at Aintree, finishing the meeting as top trainer. How many winners did he have over the three days?
2. Robbie Power was in blistering form, riding four winners to take top jockey honours from runner-up Barry Geraghty. In whose colours does Power ride as first jockey?
A. Rich and Susannah Ricci
B. Andrea and Graham Wylie
C. Grahame and Diana Whateley
D. Ann and Alan Potts
3. For the fifth consecutive year, there were no fatalities in the Grand National. How many runners finished this year's race?
4. One For Arthur won Saturday’s Grand National for trainer Lucinda Russell, becoming the first Scottish-trained winner of the jumps showpiece since Rubstic in 1979. Who owns this year's National king?
A. The Golf Widows
B. The Rugby Wives
C. The Polo Partners
D. The Footy Fillies
5. Name the first five home in this year's Grand National
A. One For Arthur, Cause Of Causes, Blaklion, Saint Are, Vieux Lion Rouge
B. One For Arthur, Saint Are, Cause Of Causes, Blaklion, Gas Line Boy
C. One For Arthur, Cause Of Causes, Saint Are, Blaklion, Vieux Lion Rouge
D. One For Arthur, Cause Of Causes, Saint Are, Blaklion, Gas Line Boy
6. Tea For Two won Thursday's Betway Bowl under history-making rider Lizzie Kelly. Which Grade 1 prize did the pair win in 2015?
A. Betfair Chase
B. King George VI Chase
C. Kauto Star Novices' Chase
D. Scilly Isles Novices' Chase
7. Defi Du Seuil followed up his Triumph Hurdle win in the Anniversary 4-Y-O Hurdle on Thursday. Who was the last horse to complete the same double?
C Detroit City
8. Silviniaco Conti was retired after his run in the Betway Bowl. How many Grade 1s did he win for Paul Nicholls?
9. How many Irish-trained winners were there in total at this year's Grand National meeting?
10. While the action at Aintree was taking place this week, news broke of the death of Imperial Commander at the age of 16. Which star did he beat into second in the Gold Cup in 2010?
A. Kauto Star
B. Exotic Dancer
D. Tidal Bay
1. C (5)
2. D (Ann and Alan Potts)
3. B (19)
4. A (The Golf Widows)
5. D (One For Arthur, Cause Of Causes, Saint Are, Blaklion, Gas Line Boy)
6. C (Kauto Star Novices' Chase)
7. B (Zarkandar)
8. B (7)
9. A (0)
10. C (Denman)