Something for everyone as Goffs UK reveal entries for mixed Autumn Sale
Yearlings and point-to-pointers due to come under the hammer in Doncaster
Entries have been unveiled for the Goffs UK Autumn Sale, which takes place in Doncaster on October 24 and 25. A total of 373 yearlings and horses in training have been catalogued for the auction that will also offer a dedicated point-to-point section, for which entries will be taken up to the time of the sale.
The yearling session, which sees 156 lots catalogued, will take place on Wednesday, October 24 from noon and will feature progeny of sires including Bated Breath, Brazen Beau, Camacho, Dandy Man, Dutch Art, Footstepsinthesand, Heeraat, Hot Streak, Outstrip, Showcasing, Starspangledbanner and Zebedee.
Recent Prix de l'Abbaye winner Mabs Cross was offered as a yearling at the 2015 renewal of this sale.
There are currently 217 horses in training entered, with the form horse session due to begin on Thursday, October 25 at 10am. Among the eyecatching lots are:
- 251 - the unbeaten Ottonian, a four-year-old son of Dubawi who has won both his starts over 1m4f and 1m6f
- 261 - Buck's Billionaire, a half-brother to iconic hurdler Big Buck's who reached the frame on his last two starts in bumpers
- 290 - Aggressive, a three-year-old son of Declaration Of War who produced an impressive performance to win his debut bumper by ten lengths
- 336 - Montalbano, a six-time winner and Grade 2-placed hurdler who won his most recent start over fences
- 337 - Camelia De Cotte, a winning hurdler who also won her first two starts over fences
- 374 - Brandon Castle, a seven-time winner whose victories include this year's Class 2 Queen's Cup Handicap at Musselburgh
Goffs UK managing director Tony Williams commented: "Goffs UK yearlings have enjoyed a superb season on the track through the exploits of star filly Laurens and two-year-old Advertise and it was very timely to see sale graduate Mabs Cross join that list with a much-deserved Group 1 victory on Sunday. She's a brilliant example as to the talent that can be found at this sale.
"Our Doncaster horses-in-training sales have also had a strong year producing lively trade and some excellent graduates including Tiger Roll, Summerville Boy and Thomas Hobson to name just three. We will be adding to Thursday's horses-in-training session over the coming fortnight with point-to-pointers and form horses and entries will be released as they are accepted."
More Goffs UK news: