High-class catalogue of 400 launched for Goffs UK Premier Yearling Sale
Doncaster event will be staged at the end of August
Siblings of top-quality performers including Illuminate and Al Raya feature among a line-up of 400 lots to have been catalogued for the 2021 Goffs UK Premier Yearling Sale at Doncaster.
The event runs between August 24 and August 25, while the Doncaster Silver Yearling Sale will also be held on the second day.
The Premier Sale has had another successful year on the track having seen the likes of Diamond Jubilee winner Dream Of Dreams, last weekend's Princess Margaret scorer Zain Claudette, Rohaan, Happy Romance, Fev Rover and Mystery Angel flying the flag for graduates.
Among the highlights to be offered in the 2021 catalogue are:
- A Zoustar filly out of the dual Group 1-placed Ainippe
- Dark Angel half-brother to the Group 2 winner Rajasinghe
- Kingman filly out of the Group 3 winner and 1,000 Guineas placed Daban
- A Hot Streak half-sister to champion sprinter Total Gallery
- Kingman colt out of the Group 2 placed Dansili mare Earring, a daughter of Group 1 winner Together
- A Showcasing half-brother to the Group 3 winner Al Raya and out of Listed winner Fig Roll
- An Awtaad half-brother to the Group 1 winner Temida.
- A Zoffany brother to the Group 2 winner and Group 1 placed Illuminate
- A Roaring Lion colt out of the Group 2 winner Rich Legacy
Goffs UK managing director Tim Kent said: "From the coveted European two-year-old races to Royal Ascot’s most famed contests, international Group 1 sprints to the Classics, this sale has celebrated recent winners in them all, a clear demonstration as to the ever-increasing class of horse this sale is producing.
"And that class is expanding from the track to the covering sheds and breeding paddocks – a crucial element required by all top-level yearling sales. The likes of Acclamation, Dark Angel and rising star Wootton Bassett have paved the way for recent top colts including Golden Horde, Advertise and Harry Angel, the latter of which has his first yearlings in the sale this year.
"The sale is also making its mark with its fillies. Multiple Group 1 victress and Classic winner Laurens, who celebrated her first foal this year, is the sale’s obvious star and this season has seen more fillies prove their worth with the Group 2 winner Fev Rover and Stakes winner Mystery Angel both achieving Classic placings in the 1,000 Guineas and Oaks respectively, highlighting their class and the sale’s ongoing ability to produce.
"These are just a few examples of what can be found at the Doncaster Premier Sale and what, once again, awaits buyers at this year’s sale."