Lumet Show to feature relatives to Envoi Allen, Apple's Jade and Al Boum Photo
Unique sale takes place in western France on Saturday, August 21
On Saturday, August 21, the village of Becon-Les-Granits in western France will hold the fourth edition of the Lumet Show, organised by David Lumet in partnership with Arqana.
A unique sale in Europe bringing together pre-trained two- and three-year-old jumpers, this year’s sale will follow the same format as previous editions.
The 2021 catalogue brings together 66 select lots of two- and three-year-olds from several breeding establishments in the west as well as from breeders throughout France that are known for their jumping bloodlines.
The best National Hunt stallions are represented, such as Balko, Buck’s Boum, Cokoriko, Doctor Dino, Great Pretender, Jukebox Jury, Kamsin, Kapgarde, Le Havre, Montmartre and Voiladenuo, as well as the young and upcoming sires Bathyron, Chœur Du Nord, Jeu St Eloi and Pastorius.
On the day, the lots will be shown jumping from 9.30am before going under the hammer from 2.30pm.
Pedigrees of note include:
- JARIV DES BRUYERES (lot 18), a half-brother by Magneticjim to Listed placed Datcha Des Mottes, from the family of champion Envoi Allen;
- SANTA JULIA (lot 20), a daughter of Kapgarde from the very close family of the champion De Bon Coeur;
- JAIPALETEMPS (lot 25), a well-bred gelding from the family of Prix Alain de Breuil winner Roll On Has and Royale Pagaille, a Grade 2 winner;
- DIABLE D’AINAY (lot 34), a grandson by Gris de Gris to Etoile D'Ainay, the winner of the Grand Prix de Pau;
- APPLE’S COQUINE (lot 52), a daughter of Cokoriko out of a half-sister to the excellent Apple's Jade, the nine-time Grade 1 winner;
- JAQ MAGIC (lot 60), the first foal by Cokoriko out of Dame Magic, a daughter of Kapgarde from the close family of dual Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Al Boum Photo;
- JONAS DU LARGE (lot 65), a half-brother by Great Pretender to German Derby runner-up Django Freeman.
Browse the catalogue here