Colts by American Pharoah and Kingman among 165 Goffs UK Breeze Up Sale entries
Norfolk Stakes hero A'Ali graduated from last year's Doncaster auction
Goffs UK has unveiled the catalogue for the auction house's highly anticipated Breeze Up Sale, which is due to begin on April 22 at 11am.
A total of 165 two-year-olds have been entered, a small increase on last year's 160-strong catalogue, with eye-catching lots including:
- Lot 23 - a Lope De Vega colt out of a Green Desert half-sister to Prix de la Foret winner Fields Of Hope offered by Longways Stables
- Lot 31 - a Kingman half-brother to the Group 3-placed Marsh Hawk and Queen Mary Stakes third Hairy Rocket consigned by Gaybrook Lodge Stud
- Lot 64 - a Muhaarar half-sister to last year's record-breaking top lot Al Raya, who won the Group 3 Prix d'Arenberg after fetching £450,000
- Lot 65 - Oak Tree Farm offer an American Pharoah colt out of the Grade 3-winning and Grade-1 placed Final Fling
- Lot 69 - Star Bloodstock, vendor of last year's headline graduate A'Ali, consigns the American Pharoah colt out of the stakes-winning and Grade 1-placed Gitchee Goomie
- Lot 80 - an Awtaad half-brother to E.P Taylor Stakes heroine Blond Me, offered by Tally-Ho Stud
- Lot 83 - Willie Browne's Mocklershill consigns a No Nay Never colt from the family of Zelzal and Australian Group 1 scorer Libran
- Lot 120 - Yeomanstown Stud offer a Dark Angel filly who is the second foal out of the Group 3-winning New Providence
- Lot 154 - Brendan Holland's Grove Stud consigns the Kodiac half-brother to the Grade 1 winner Slumber
There is a broad range of sirepower included within the 165 lots, with leading names such as Acclamation, Dandy Man, Exceed And Excel, Night Of Thunder, Showcasing, Siyouni and Wootton Bassett all with progeny entered.
There is also a strong cross section from this year's first-crop sires, with Adaay, Belardo, California Chrome, Estidhkaar, Kodi Bear, Markaz, Mehmas, Pride Of Dubai, Prince Of Lir, Shalaa, Territories, The Last Lion, Twilight Son and Vadamos all represented.
Goffs UK's managing director Tim Kent said: "This sale has had an exceptional year with another Royal Ascot winner in A'Ali heading a very smart group of five stakes-winning two-year-old graduates.
Read last year's sale report: Siyouni filly smashes Doncaster record as Longways land £450,000 touch
"Combined with what was a strong 2019 sale, consignors have really backed us and have sent some outstanding horses. The result is a catalogue among the strongest produced in the sale's 43-year history.
"As per previous years, all horses are eligible for the Swedish Derby and Oaks Series, which has proven a big success for the sale with Red Cactus winning the Swedish Derby last year. The global appeal of this sale continues to grow and we look forward to welcoming a large domestic and international audience to Doncaster on April 22 and 23."
The Goffs UK Breeze Up Sale will commence on Wednesday, April 22 at 11am, with the pre-sale breeze held on Doncaster racecourse. The auction will be held the following day and is scheduled to begin at 11am at the Doncaster sales complex.