SEARCH FOR HEADLINE

FROM DATE*

Calendar

TO DATE

Calendar

 

News stories which have appeared on the website are available free of charge but stories which have appeared in the newspaper are only available when you join Members' Club. *NOTE: The archive runs from January 1, 2006 to present

William Buick

Scans and x-rays revealed that William Buick sustained no serious injury

  PICTURE: Edward Whitaker (racingpost.com/photos)  

Buick could miss start of Dubai Carnival after fall

UAE: William Buick looks set to miss the start of the Dubai Carnival, which begins on January 13, after his father revealed he would spend three weeks on the sidelines following two falls at Meydan in quick succession last Thursday.

Buick should be allowed to leave hospital on Monday after scans and x-rays revealed that the jockey sustained no serious injury, however his father Walter said his son was a bit tired and weak three days after the falls in Dubai that left the rider concussed.

Buick was rushed to the Rashid Hospital's trauma centre havingbriefly lost consciousness following a fall from Foolin Myself in a 1m conditions race. Earlier on the card he had also come off three-year-old Sarbola in a 6f maiden.

"William was very upbeat once he realised it wasn't serious but he is still weak and is a bit tired," said Walter Buick on Sunday. "All the scans and tests were clear but he was kicked to bits and he is very sore. He will take three weeks, whatever time it takes.

"He may be allowed out of hospital tomorrow. He took a hell of a bang. They want to get him up and about a bit. Once he is out of the hospital he is in now he will go to the American Hospital just for a second opinion on everything.

"Then he will probably stay in Dubai. We think it will be more beneficial for him to convalesce in the warmth of Dubai. He is in good hands with [trainer] Dhruba Selvaratnam and his wife able to provide support."

 
News Archive

Search