Musselburgh: course is partly frozen and second inspection has been calledPICTURE: John Grossick (racingpost.com/photos)
Second inspection needed at Musselburgh
A SECOND inspection has been called for this afternoon's meeting at Musselburgh, with officials hoping temperatures will rise sufficiently to thaw the track.
An initial inspection was scheduled for 8am, but the decision to look again was made at 7.15am, with the course partly frozen following temperatures dipping below freezing overnight.
Clerk of the course Harriet Graham said at 7.30am: "It got down to minus two overnight and is minus one at present. Temperatures are due to rise from ten this morning, but we are partly frozen and not raceable at present."
Temperatures are set to reach a high of +4C between one and two o'clock this afternoon, and the start of racing may be pushed back, although this could mean the card may be cut short due to bad light.
Graham added: "We might push racing back to 1pm, and if light became an issue we would have to drop the bumper. It will be a tricky morning and we will have to wait and see."
No problems are reported for today's other meetings at Newbury, Doncaster, Wolverhampton, Thurles and Dundalk.