Redcar's Monday meeting in doubt
MONDAY'S meeting at Redcar is in doubt after track officials were forcedto call an 8am inspection for Saturday morning.
The course has been hit with a significant amount of rain and with more forecast, chief executive Neil Etherington is not optimistic.
"We have been waterlogged all week and then we had starteddrying out a bit up until around an hour ago," said Etherington.
"We have around 20 millimetres of rain forecast overnight so we thought it best to take a look on Saturday.
"We are not raceable at the moment and with more rain on the way, it is not looking too promising.
"The forecasters have got quite a lot wrong of late but we have had over nine inches of rain in the last 40 days so we will see."